The Policing Partnership Award recognizes a partnership established between the public and private sectors to improve the overall safety and security of Canadians. This award is presented to an individual who has developed a partnership that has succeeded in creating a crime prevention initiative that has been beneficial to the partnership and Canadians in general.
- Police officers and civilians who develop innovative solutions to address policing and public safety issues.
- The participation in a partnership with the private sector has strengthened the overall effectiveness of policing initiatives and has yielded successful results.
- The development and maintenance of this partnership involves an ongoing effort.
- The partnership has improved public security and safety.
- Nominations must be submitted to the CACP by September 30th.
- Download and complete the Nomination Form, including the signature of the chief of police or the senior executive-in-charge of the individual(s) being nominated.
- Email the completed Nomination Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: All nominees will receive a nomination certificate recognizing their efforts.)
- Support material such as videos, CDs and promotional material may be mailed separately to: Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, 300 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 100, Ottawa, Ontario K2K 0E3. Please include a clear reference to the nomination submitted electronically.
- The CACP National Office will submit the nominations received to the Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee consists of members of the CACP Private Sector Liaison Committee.
- The winning nominee’s chief of police or senior executive-in-charge will be contacted and an invitation will be sent to the winning nominee with details about the award ceremony.
- September 30th: Deadline to submit nominations.
- October 30th: Deadline for the Selection Committee to complete the evaluation process.
- Fall: The winning nominee is notified.
- Fall: The award will be announced/presented at a meeting of the CACP Private Sector Liaison Committee.
Additional ResourcesThere are French resources/documents for this page – Click here to view.