CACP Recognition Award
Each year, the President of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP) recognizes a member in good standing who has consistently demonstrated exceptional involvement, extraordinary support, and outstanding initiative in advancing the CACP’s goals and strategic priorities. Chosen by the current President, with endorsement from the CACP Board of Directors, the winner of the distinguished CACP Recognition Award is considered to be a leader among leaders, an individual who exemplifies the association’s values of caring, courage, equity, integrity, openness, respect, transparency and trustworthiness.
- The nominee must be a CACP member in good standing.
- The individual has been actively engaged in the CACP as a member of the Board of Directors, a committee chairperson, a keynote speaker, a CACP spokesperson, and/or a CACP ambassador in Canada or abroad.
- The individual’s advice and direction has been invaluable in helping advance one or more CACP strategic priorities.
- The CACP President proposes nominations.
- The CACP President forwards the recommendation to the CACP Board of Directors for final approval.
- Upon approval of the CACP Board of Directors, the winning nominee will be contacted and an invitation will be sent with details about the award ceremony.
- May 31: Deadline for the CACP President to submit a recommendation to the CACP Board of Directors
- June: The winning nominee is notified
- August: The award will be announced/presented at the CACP Annual Summit.