OCTOBER 7 - 10, 2022
Operation Impact is a public awareness campaign set to take place over the Thanksgiving weekend. This campaign focuses on education and enforcement of impaired driving due to alcohol, drugs and fatigue, aggressive driving, distracted driving and the use of seat belts and child car seats. These are the main causes of death and injury on Canadian roadways.
A toolkit is produced for all policing partners across the country to help promote events being planned in their respective region, to respond to inquiries, and to generate media and public interest.
- The English and French posters are made available to help promote the Operation Impact public education road safety campaign. Display it in an area that is visible to your officers as well as members of the public or feature the poster on your website.
Social Media Content
- Use this campaign hashtag #OperationImpact2022
- Social media shareables adapted to the specifications for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are created for use on your social media accounts or on your website to promote the campaign.
Media Relations Content
- A news release template is created to be personalized by police services to provide the media with an explanation of Operation Impact and the importance of this campaign their respective community.
- A National Facts and Stats Sheet is created to complement the advisory and news release and to support communication efforts with the general public and the media. This document provides national facts and statistics about the most significant traffic safety issues: alcohol-impaired driving, drug-impaired driving, fatigue-impaired driving, aggressive driving, distracted driving as well as the use of seat belts and child car seats. Police services are invited to produce a fact sheet with local statistics to emphasize the importance of road safety in their specific community, region or province.
Refer to the left navigation bar to access the different resources of the campaign toolkit.