Provide a national leadership role to the Canadian law enforcement community on criminal activity involving technology.
- Help law enforcement agencies across Canada keep up with the ever-changing fast pace of technology and evolving cybercrime threats.
- Identify key digital policing and cybercrime gaps and challenges.
- Leverage diverse and well-informed perspectives to recognize and examine current and emerging trends and developments, to connect these perspectives to current and potential research and parallel initiatives, with a view to recognizing opportunities and enabling promising practices in social policy, industry priorities, and technologies that will provide greater safety and security in the cyber world.
- Enhance front-line officer training to prevent and respond to cybercrime as well as to reduce victimization from cybercrime.
Executive Director Paul Boudreau and Chief Scott Tod
- Digital Forensics
- E-Crime Cyber Council
- Lawfully Authorized Electronic Surveillance