The Digital Forensics Sub-committee (DFC) provides expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to the CACP Electronic Crime (E-Crimes) Committee on digital forensics matters and related cybercrime investigations support activities of operational significance to the Canadian law enforcement community.
- Identify and qualify issues and matters of significance to the Canadian law enforcement community in the field of digital forensics.
- Develop recommendations for the CACP E-Crimes Committee as proposed consideration for CACP policies and guidelines.
- Advocate and promote quality standards for digital forensics in the Canadian law enforcement community.
- Define national training guidelines necessary for digital forensics police practitioners.
- Provide a national forum to discuss trends in digital evidence sources, digital forensics solutions, and associated operational support challenges.