The Digital Forensics Committee (DFC) provides expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to the CACP Electronic Crime (ECrime) Committee on digital forensics matters and related investigations support activities of operational significance to the Canadian law enforcement community.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the CACP ECrime Committee in the field of digital forensics, inclusive of cybercrime investigations support activities.
- Identify and qualify issues and matters of significance to the Canadian law enforcement community in the field of digital forensics.
- Develop recommendations for the CACP ECrime Committee as proposed consideration for CACP policies and guidelines.
- Advocate and promote quality standards for digital forensics in the Canadian law enforcement community.
- Define national training guidelines necessary for digital forensics police practitioners.
- Provide a national forum to discuss trends in digital evidence sources, digital forensics solutions, and associated operational support challenges.