Respond to issues and trends in mental health assessment, treatment, research, training, and policy associated with policing.
- Facilitate an exchange of ideas, procedures, and best practices between police agencies across Canada.
- Assist the CACP in advancing research and the general knowledge of mental health in policing through regular information briefs, presentations, and consultation with CACP member organizations.
- Advance the discipline of police psychology by providing and promoting ethical and effective practices within the CACP and for the public at large.
- Advocate for policy, legislative, and procedural improvements to support the mental health of police members and the continued growth and development of wellness practices within police services across Canada.
- Establish liaisons and key partnerships with other organizations as may be beneficial in achieving the objectives of the CACP.
Dr. Kyle Handley