Counter-Terrorism and National Security Committee
Harmonize the work of the Canadian law enforcement community in identifying, preventing, deterring, and responding to criminal activities related to terrorism and national security threats.
- Promote collaboration and integration among law enforcement agencies and with appropriate public/private security and intelligence partners;
- Improve the ability to operate in a cooperative and integrated manner with the view of addressing emerging trends;
- Develop processes and facilitate strong communication at all levels;
- Recommend legislative reforms and;
- Promote education and training in matters of counter-terrorism and national security.
Chief Myron Demkiw and Assistant Commissioner Mark Flynn
- Countering Violent Extremism Working Group
- National Working Group Supporting Victims of Terrorism and Mass Violence
- Soft Target Protection Working Group