Further the vision and goals of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police Research Foundation (CACP RF) to promote the creation, sharing and use of research to support evidence-based policing in Canada and to advance the Canadian Police Executive Research Agenda.
The Research Advisory Committee supports the research pillar of the CACP strategic plan and seeks to help:
- Improve internal capacity within the CACP to create, share and use research;
- Facilitate progress with the Canadian Police Executive Research Agenda and priority research areas in policing;
- Increase evidence-based decisions and initiatives leading to broader professionalism in policing.
- Serve as a liaison to help CACP committees identify their research needs and assist with knowledge translation so that they can adopt an evidence-based approach to decision making and the production of deliverables in support of CACP strategic priorities;
- Develop an inventory of research partners/initiatives and build a police research network that connects partners/projects with individual CACP committees and/or member organizations to address research gaps in policing in Canada;
- Review and provide recommendations on CACP Research Foundation endorsement requests for the support of the CACP or to conduct research projects within the CACP;
- Manage the receipt and distribution of funds via the CACP Research Foundation’s charitable donation program in support of research projects, graduate studies, scholarships, etc.;
- Support the CACP and/or CACP Research Foundation conference planning committees to ensure a research component is integrated into event programming;
- Identify emerging policing issues and trends that require data and research;