Canadian Tri-Services Emergency Management Committee
Champion an integrated, unified tri-services leadership role in emergency management in Canada.
- Identify shared priorities.
- Promote interoperability amongst tri-services and other partners.
- Ensure appropriate committee representation.
- Guide/influence research and development in emergency management.
- Guide/influence national policy and inform respective leadership of emerging issues.
- Identify and advocate for first responder needs in the areas of training and equipment.
Significant Accomplishments 2017-2018
- Identified shared priorities and developed a new strategic plan and terms of reference.
- Continued work to promote interoperability among tri-services and other partners.
- Continued work to provide a unified conduit to available research initiatives, such as offered by DRDC and the Canadian Safety Security Program (CSSP) on emergency management topics.
- Engaged regularly with Public Safety Canada by participating in the National Search and Rescue Advisory Council.
- Gained and shared knowledge on first responder training and equipment needs.
Initiatives Planned for 2019
- Confirm approval of new strategic plan and terms of reference.
- Recommend changes to the CACP/Motorola Award for Excellence in Emergency Preparedness.
- Support the ICT Committee and CITIG in public safety initiatives.