Upon agreement by the presidents of the three Associations (CACP, CAFC, PCC) the Canadian Tri-Services Emergency Management Committee came into being on April 1, 2013.
This Committee exists to champion integrated, interoperable and unified emergency management:
- Through formal relationships, police, fire and emergency medical services (CACP, CAFC, PCC),
- In consultation and collaboration with other emergency management partners and agencies,
- By promoting and providing tri-services' input in support of the emergency management framework for Canada and associated strategies and action plans, and
- Based on an all hazards approach that addresses the prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery pillars of emergency management.
Significant Accomplishments 2015/2016:
- Committee member Dr. Kabilan Satyamoorthy established the CTSEMC Linked In page which hosts many emergency management discussion topics.
- Partnered with Motorola Solutions to present the 2016 CACP/Motorola Emergency Preparedness Awards by judging the submissions and facilitating the awards process.
Initiatives Planned for 2016/2017:
- Review Committee governance (terms of reference) and future objectives
- Review Committee support for CACP Motorola Award
- Support the ICT Committee and CITIG in initiatives such as Wireless Public Alerting, NG-9-1-1 and public spectrum broadband